HOPE Appeal 2022
The HOPE Appeal invites parishioners from throughout our diocese to come together as one to strengthen our church and serve our community. We are able to accomplish so much more together than we could alone.
The programs and ministries that are supported by the HOPE Appeal cultivate Catholic leadership, advance social justice and empower parish communities. The graphic at the right shows the disbursement of the 2021 HOPE Appeal that raised $4,452,480.
Please click this link to view the Hope Appeal video!↓
How Does the HOPE Appeal Benefit My Parish?
It is important for every donor to see the impact of their goodness. There are examples of HOPE Appeal supported ministries and activities everywhere around us in our very own parish. If you answer yes to any of the following questions, you have benefitted from the generosity of your fellow parishioners throughout the diocese.
1. Have any of your lay leaders attended seminars, educational courses, workshops or conferences provided by the diocese?
2. Has any couple in your parish attended marriage preparation?
3. Have any of your youth attended the National Youth Conference, March for Life or Retreats?
4. Has anyone in your parish been in the hospital or nursing home and had a visit from a Catholic Chaplain?
5. Do you have a priest at your parish who received a seminary education through the Diocese of Syracuse?
6. Do you have a deacon at your parish who has received deaconate education through the Diocese of Syracuse?
7. Do you or your fellow parishioners read The Catholic Sun, watch Mass on Catholic TV or engage in diocesan social media to remain informed and involved?
8. Do you have youth and adults participating in catechesis (faith formation)?
9. Have any of your parishioners in college become involved in their campus Newman Center?
10. Does your parish offer a sign language, Spanish or Asian interpreter for Masses?
11. Is there a seminarian at your parish?
Types of gifts accepted:
• Check (made payable to HOPE Appeal)
• Credit card on line ( www.syracusediocese\hopeappeal\)
• Credit card over the phone (315-472-0203)
• Gift of securities (please contact the Foundation office at 315-472-0203)
When can gifts be received:
The public HOPE Campaign runs from September through December. We encourage donors to give during this time. However, many donors decide to make monthly gifts to fulfill their pledge. Payments for pledges and one-time gifts can be received through the end of our fiscal year: June 30, 2023.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the goal of the 2022 HOPE Appeal?
Our goal is to raise $4,500,000.
When is HOPE Appeal weekend?
September 10-11, 2022
What is the amount of Parish Sharing this year?
100% of gifts received over your parish goal will be returned to your parish.
Will our parish be assessed if we do not make our parish goal?
Yes. The Foundation is here to support you to help you reach your goal. Parishes that do not make their goal amount through parishioner donations will be required to meet goal with a gift from the parish.
“What is the money used for?”
The programs and ministries that are supported by the HOPE Appeal cultivate Catholic leadership, advance social justice and empower parish communities throughout the entire Diocese of Syracuse. There is a complete listing of all ministries and programs in the 2022 HOPE Appeal brochure and on the diocesan website. All parishes come together for the HOPE Appeal because we can accomplish so much more together than we can alone.
Are HOPE Appeal donations used for the costs of the abuse proceedings?
No. 100% of the monies raised by the HOPE Appeal are restricted for use for the ministries and programs of the diocese listed in the HOPE Appeal brochure and on the diocesan website.